Let’s talk about Ground Turkey!
I have never ever made meatloaf before and decided I wanted to try it with my brand new stock of Ground Turkey that I bought at Costco. I figured the first place I should start for a turkey meatloaf recipe would be Pinterest… I was right! To start off I would like to give credit for this Turkey Meatloaf Recipe to Sweet Treats More (click through to the original recipe on the website name to the left).
First lets look at the photos I took of my pre-oven Turkey Meatloaf….
And my post-oven photo of the Turkey Meatloaf…
Now here is the recipe I used:
- 2 pounds ground turkey, thawed (or used extra lean ground beef)
- 1 egg
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 cup milk
- 11/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large bowl combine the turkey burger, egg, onion, milk, bread crumbs, and salt and pepper (I use my clean hands to combine).
- Using hands form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9X13 in baking dish. Sprinkle top with another dash of salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl combine brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Pour over the top of the meatloaf, spreading evenly. Sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar over the top of sauce. Cover with foil and bake for about one hour or until cooked through.
**I would use less mustard next time and probably BBQ in it’s place because I don’t like mustard and it was a little too mustardy for me. I did however still enjoy it and even got my food particular (he doesn’t like ‘picky’) boyfriend to eat it for dinner and leftover the next day!
Happy Cooking! I hope you enjoy this recipe. Please check out my full website (click on the name below):